What should you do if staying at home is too tedious and tiring? Roll up your sleeves and get into the kitchen with bTaskee to try these 3 Healthy Junk Food recipes right now! As usual, our “What to eat today?” section will introduce a trio of dishes that seem to appear only in restaurants.
With these simple but luxurious recipes, you can experience eating at your favorite family restaurant even during this COVID-19 pandemic. Moreover, because they are homemade dishes, adjusting the taste and using clean ingredients to strengthen your family’s health is not hard at all!
- Seafood Pizza
- Fried Chicken Wings
- Crispy Potato Chip Crunch Dog
|1||Multi-purpose flour||200 gram|
|2||Yeast flour||2 teaspoons|
|5||Olive oil||3 tablespoons|
|6||Tomato paste||Based on your preference|
|8||Fresh squid||150 gram|
|10||Bell peppers (red, green, yellow)||½ each|
|11||Cheese||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the crust
- Knead the dough: Put about 200ml of warm water in a large bowl, let the yeast flour soak for 5 minutes, then stir well until the mixture dissolves. Next, put the flour, sugar, salt, and olive oil in a bowl of dissolved yeast, mix well and knead the dough until the dough no longer sticks to your hands.
- Incubation: Use a different bowl, apply a layer of olive oil on top, then add the mixed dough, cover with a plastic wrap, incubate for 1-2 hours at warm temperature (the longer time, the better it tastes).
- Roll the dough: Roll the dough until it achieves the desired shape and thickness. Use your hand to create a border for the base of the pizza. To prevent the base from absorbing water, you can apply another layer of olive oil on top.
Step 2: Bake the crust
- Apply a layer of olive oil on the pan, cook the base until golden and crispy on both sides.
- When the base is cooked on both sides, put the tomato paste on top and turn off the heat.
Step 3: Cook the pizza toppings
- Clean the squids, shrimps, scallops, and bell peppers. Cut the squids into thin circle pieces, peel the shrimps and dice the bell peppers.
- Heat the pan on the stove and add a little olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the toppings, seasonings and stir-fry them until they are fully cooked. Add the bell peppers, stir quickly for about 1 minute and then turn off the heat.
Step 4: Finish and garnish
- Place the pizza base, already covered with tomato paste, on a cooking pan, turn on medium heat.
- Evenly spread the cooked toppings onto the surface of the base.
- Next, add cheese on top and cover the lit until the cheese melts completely.
- Once the cheese has melted, open the lid for a while to make the crust crispy, then turn off the heat. Take the pizza to the dining table and garnish with fresh cilantro.
Fried Chicken Wings
|1||Chicken wings||5-7 wings|
|2||Tempura Batter Mix||250 gram|
|3||Corn starch||30 gram|
|4||Seasonings (salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, sugar)||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Clean the chicken wings
- Wash and clean the chicken wings with water.
- Use a towel to drain excess water from the chicken.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces or leave them as they are.
Step 2: Marinate the chicken wings
- Put the wings in a large bowl and add seasonings to your liking (salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili powder and a drop of sugar)
- Chicken should be marinated for at least 1 hour. If they are marinated overnight, you must cover them with a plastic film and keep in the refrigerator cooler.
Step 3: Prepare the batter
- Add cornstarch and seasonings into a bowl and mix well. Then add water to form a thick wet paste for the coating.
- Pour the crispy tempura batter mix out on a tray.
- Crack the eggs and give them a stir
Step 4: Fry the wings
- Heat the saucepan pan and fill half of the pan with cooking oil (olive oil is recommended). Note that using a deep pan will help the chicken wings submerge entirely in the oil, cooking the chicken evenly.
- Coat the chicken with the wet paste – eggs – crispy tempura batter mix twice to fully cover the chicken wings
- Wait for the oil to boil (you can use chopsticks to check if the oil is ready. It will form bubbles on the chopsticks). Drop each piece of chicken in and fry until golden brown, then move them onto oil-absorbing papers.
Crispy Potato Chip Crunch Dog
|2||Large sausages||4 sausages|
|3||Tempura Batter Mix||8 tablespoons|
|5||Seasonings (salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, sugar…)||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Peel and clean the potatoes. Cut them into bite-sized cubes or thin strings.
Step 2: Add 8 tablespoons of tempura batter mix, the egg, a little salt and pepper into the diced potatoes.
Step 3: Use a stick to go through the sausages, roll it over the wet paste to create a coat for the hot dog and the tempura mix after.
Step 4: Cover the hot dog with string potatoes and drop them into the boiling oil. Fry them until they turn crispy and golden. You can take them out to the table and decorate to your liking. Eating them with fresh veggies would be the best choice.
With the healthy junk food recipes that bTaskee recommends today, everyone can show off their cooking skills as a family-owned restaurant, right? So what are you waiting for? If you want to eat these junk food during this pandemic but don’t know where to buy, then roll to the kitchen right away. Your homemade guilty pleasure food are going to be amazing. We also offer menu recommendations every day through our “What to eat today?” section, so make sure not to miss out!
Enjoy the weekend by relaxing yourselves and try our soulful recipes for your family.
So you are afraid of hurting your own health by going to the market with many strangers who don’t wear masks. Don’t worry because bTaskee already has an excellent grocery assistant service available for you. With our service, bTaskers will go to the market or supermarket and buy groceries based on your request, quality guaranteed at the most reasonable cost. Moreover, our door-to-door service will provide the maximum convenience and safety for you!
Book our service right now on the bTaskee application or visit our website at https://www.btaskee.com/en/grocery-assistant/ for more information.