A Hot Pot Party for this Weekend? Not a bad idea at all! After a long tiring week at work, what’s beautiful about the weekend is that family members can get together for a warm and cozy party at home. It’s quality time to talk and share with everyone your stories. What would fit a family bonding party more than a Hot Pot dish? If so, you’re probably wondering about the perfect kind of hot pot during this rainy season.
That’s why we have prepared a light, heartful and healthy recipe for you. Today bTaskee will show you how to make a delicious River-leaf Creeper & Chicken Hot Pot and Refreshing Fruit Jelly for the weekend!
River-leaf Creeper & Chicken Hot Pot
|1||Chicken (Pullet)||1 chicken – about 1.5kg|
|2||River-leaf Creeper||300 gram|
|4||Seasonings (salt, pepper, sugar, fish sauce)||Based on your preference|
|5||Minced Shallots, Garlic, Chili, Lemongrass||A spoonful|
|7||Fresh Vegetables||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Preparing ingredients
- Lightly scrub the chicken with salt to remove the smell and wash thoroughly. Cut up the chicken into bite-sized pieces and marinate them with salt, pepper, chili, seasonings for 15 minutes so it can absorb the flavor.
- Pluck the River-leaf Creeper leaves, wash with water, and lightly crush them to increase the sour taste.
- Wash and dice the Coriander.
- Wash the vegetables carefully, cut into your preferable edible size.
Step 2: Cook the hot pot
- Heat the pot and add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil inside. Once the oil is hot, add the minced lemongrass and stir-fry till golden. Continue adding minced shallots, garlic, chili and stir-fry until they’re all caramelized and smells good.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry them altogether. When the meat is almost cooked, add 2 liters of water, turn on high heat and bring it to a boil. Remove the foam on the surface, then turn the heat low and continue to cook until the chicken is tender.
- Once the chicken is tender, add the River-leaf Creeper leaves and season to your taste. You can turn off the heat and let it simmer now.
- Make the sour & spicy sauce according to this ratio: 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of sugar, 2 teaspoons of fish sauce, 3 teaspoons of water and add minced garlic or chili to your liking.
Step 3: Garnish and Enjoy
- Serve the hot pot onto the table with rice noodles and seasonal vegetables. You can buy meat, fish, cheese, or anything your family prefer. However, to preserve the original taste of this soulful dish, we recommend you to simply enjoy it as it is with your family and friends.
- You can also write this and adjust in your family meal recipe book and be creative when there’s a weekend party during a rainy day just like this.
Dessert: Refreshing Fruit Jelly
|1||Jelly Powder||10 gram|
|2||White sugar||200 gram|
|3||Lemon||½ a lemon|
|4||Fruit cubes (avocado, watermelon, mango, grape, berry…)||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Preparing ingredients
Wash fruits with saltwater and clean them thoroughly.
For fruits such as avocado, watermelon, mango: peel the skin and dice into small cubes. For grapes: cut them in half and get rid of the seeds. For berries: you can use a whole berry or cut them in half like grapes.
Step 2: Add 600ml-800ml of water into the pot, white sugar and jelly powder. Mix them well together until the water is clear.
Step 3: Place the pot on the stove and heat to boil the mixture. Remember to stir well so the jelly doesn’t clump together.
Step 4: When the mixture is boiling, turn off the heat and add lemon juice. Stir again and take the pot off the heat.
Step 5: Fill half of the mold (using various shapes is recommended) with the jelly liquid, add one fruit cube in the middle and fill the rest of the space with jelly.
Step 6: Let the jelly rest and cool down until they are slightly firm. Next, put them in the cool container of the refrigerator. Because this takes at least 30 minutes for the jelly to be stable, we recommend making them in advance.
Has today’s menu made your stomach growl out of hunger and eagerness? Start making them now and surprise your family with a heartfelt weekend party to relieve stress and worries during this hectic week. But don’t forget, it’s also your weekend to enjoy!! Who would do grocery shopping for you?
Just relax and book our ‘Grocery Assistant Service’ on bTaskee application. Our bTaskers will go to the market of your choice and pick out the freshest, most vibrant ingredients for your weekend meal! We are proud to provide our customers with the most satisfying experience by doing grocery shopping and delivering to your house within an hour.
Find out about bTaskee Grocery Assistant service right now at https://www.btaskee.com/en/grocery-assistant/
Book an order now on bTaskee app to get your ingredients delivered right at your door!