Our cooking corner – “What to eat today?” by bTaskee is back with a familiar 4-course menu to make your Friday family meal even more flavorful. This rainy season, try these healthy and soulful TGIF recipes right below!
– Simmered shrimp with pork belly
– Boiled vegetables
– Chives soup with tofu and mushrooms
– Dessert: Sweet red bean soup
1. Simmered shrimps with pork belly
|5||Fish sauce, Salt, Pepper||Based on your preference|
|7||Coconut Caramel||1 teaspoon|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
- Shrimp: cut off the shrimp feelers, take off the black thread and clean them. Next, soak them into water, wash the dirt away, and discard the shell (or not, it depends on your liking). Massage the shrimps thoroughly with salt and spices so it could absorb the taste. (Tip: To make the dish more delicious and flavorful, you should drain the extra water secreted from the shrimp and meat before seasoning).
- Pork belly: wash with water several times until thoroughly cleaned, use a clean towel to drain excess water from the meat. After that, slice the pork belly into bite-sized cubes to your liking.
- Other ingredients: peel the onions, crush and dice the garlic and put into two separate bowls. You should distill the coconut caramel water before cooking.
Step 2: Cook the shrimps with pork belly
- Heat the pan, add 1 teaspoon of cooking oil, shallot and garlic, cook until golden.
- Add the sliced pork belly and stir on high heat.
- After the meat is caramelized, add the shrimps and continue stirring.
- When the shrimps and meat are thoroughly cooked, add coconut water, sugar, and fish sauce. You should check the taste regularly.
- Continue to stir the meat and shrimp evenly over the simmering heat until the broth becomes like a sauce, and the prawns have a vibrant golden brown color. It’s time for you to turn off the heat and recheck the taste.
- Serve the delicious simmered shrimp and pork belly on a plate, garnished with green onions and black pepper.
2. Boiled Vegetables (Broccoli and Radish)
Boiled vegetable is a simple but clean dish. It is not greasy, also low in fat, salt and carb. It’s a very suitable dish for eating with rich and savory dishes like roasted shrimp with bacon. Today, bTaskee will work together with you to make boiled broccoli and white radish for dinner.
|2||White radish||2 radishes|
|5||Ice water||1 big bowl|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredient
- Wash the cauliflower with water and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Grate the radish peel, clean and cut them into small rectangular pieces.
Step 2: Boil the vegetables
- Boil the water, add vinegar and salt into a pot.
- Add broccoli, boil for 5 minutes, then take them out and put in the cold water bowl to keep them crunchy. You should cook the broccoli separately to avoid them falling apart.
- Boil the white radish for 7 minutes until they become soft, take them out and into the water bowl.
- Dry and let the veggie rest for some minutes. Next, put them on a plate and add dressing to your liking. Some recommendations are garlic butter sauce, honey, sesame salt, or simmered meat sauce. You can be creative according to personal taste.
3. Chives soup with tofu and mushrooms
After the boiled vegetables, bTaskee would like to suggest a warm, soft, healing chives soup – perfect for the cold rainy season in August.
|1||Soft tofu||2 pieces|
|4||Salt, pepper, MSG, cooking oil||Based on your preference|
Step 1: Prepare the ingredient
- Peel and clean the mushrooms, soak them into diluted saltwater.
- Wash and mince the pork, marinate with 1 teaspoon of MSG, half a teaspoon of black pepper for about 15 minutes to absorb the flavor.
- Get rid of the damaged chives’ parts, rinse with salt water, and dice into bite-sized pieces.
- Peel the shallots and mince them.
- Slice the tofu into bite-sized squares.
Step 2: Make the soup
- Heat the pan and add cooking oil. When the oil is hot enough, add minced shallots and cook until golden brown. Next, add the fried shallot into the minced pork bowl.
- Prepare the broth: boil water and add the seasoned minced pork. Keep the heat low for about 10 minutes, then add tofus. Bring the pot to a boil again, then add the chives and season the soup well.
- Turn off the heat, put the soup in a bowl and eat while it’s still hot, along with simmered shrimps, pork belly and boiled vegetables.
- This dish helps your family cool off the heat, nourish the body, lower blood pressure, reduce your fat ratio and so on. Chives soup is low in calories so dieters can enjoy it while ensuring enough nutrients.
4. Sweet red bean soup
To end today’s menu, bTaskee will recommend a delicious, rich in fiber and vitamin red bean dessert.
|1||Red bean||250 gram|
|2||Glutinous rice flour||120 gram|
|3||Dried orange zest||8 gram|
|4||Rock sugar||30 gram|
|5||Tapioca starch||120 gram|
Step 1: Rinse the red beans, soak them in water for about 4 hours. Wash the dried orange peel and soak it in water as well.
Step 2: Put the glutinous rice flour in the bowl, add warm water, and knead it into a soft dough. When the dough has a stable elasticity, roll the dough into small balls.
Step 3: Soak red beans in a pot with orange peel and rock sugar, add water, bring to a boil, then simmer for 30-40 minutes for red beans to be cooked completely.
Step 4: When the beans are fully cooked, add the rice cakes and cook until they are soft. Dissolve the starch slowly put into the pot of bean soup. Remember to stir well until the starch is no longer clumping and dissolves completely.
Step 5: Turn off the heat, wait for the tea to cool down a little and put them in bowls to eat. You can add coconut milk, grated coconut, jelly, … based on your liking.
A Friday family meal that begins with simmered shrimp and pork belly, served with boiled vegetables, warm and soft chives soup, and ends with fragrant sweet red bean soup sounds perfect for this rainy season.
With ‘What to eat today?’, you will never have to worry about your homemade menu anymore! Simply follow bTaskee’s perfect fusion recipe now to cook delicious and nutritious meals for your family!
During the current COVID pandemic, what you need to do is eat well and exercise regularly to protect your health. However, if you cannot go to the market, how can you buy fresh and tasty ingredients every day?
bTaskee has just the solution for you! Find out about bTaskee Grocery Assistant service right now athttps://www.btaskee.com/en/grocery-assistant/
With just one simple step on the app, bTaskee collaborators will come to the market to choose the best products and deliver them to your door, all based on your request.
Book your order now on our bTaskee app to get your grocery shopping done in time!